Spent all night working on formatting issues for Warlord. Earlier in the evening I had gotten the basic formatting “good enough” to send out for beta reading, and I wanted to get it out early enough that some of my readers might be able to start reading tonight, but even after sending it out, I spent another two or three hours working on formatting. I still struggle with creating .mobi files using Scrivener. There are so many settings, so many details, and so many of them are counter-intuitive, that it takes me a long time to get things to work the way I want them to. But as of this moment, it’s looking pretty good.
I will admit that there were times in the past five months when I wondered if I’d get this far. So much going on in my life with the new job, the house being built, a new place to get used to, freelance writing, etc.
But Warlord is now a story in the hands of readers, and I hope they enjoy it. Hopefully it won’t need too much work, and I can finally get this into the hands of the public. Hopefully no later than mid-July.
If I do get it out Mid-July, that means it will have taken me nine months since publishing Warlock to get it out. It took nine months for me to get Warlock out after publishing Warlord. If I want to make a living doing this writing thing, I need to cut that in half.
Once things finally settle down in my life, maybe I’ll be able to. Anyway, for now I’m going to start thinking about my next book while this one is being read.
Oh, and there’s a new cover draft: